Today’s very first question is What is SEO audit & How do you Recognize your SEO performance?. It looks so weird when you work hard but don’t get any results. It happens because you have no idea or detailed report of SEO to track the nonsense.
However, It seems to you that you have done everything that you need to do. But sometimes you are unable to identify some silly nonsense that is responsible for breakdowns. So I recommend you do an SEO audit to keep an eye on the SEO aspects of your website or blog.
Before you dive in, let me tell you the exact meaning of the SEO audit.
What is a Website SEO audit?
“Website SEO audit is a detailed analysis of the website to see whether or not your website is performing well for both the Users & Search engines.”
It can also be defined as “A detailed report to check the SEO score out of 100 “
Webmasters always want to increase organic traffic using search engine optimization techniques. But it’s tough to synchronize with SEO because it changes continuously.
This is why here you need an SEO audit.
Why is it important to do an SEO audit?
There are several reasons for the SEO audit.
- To check technical Issues like DNS errors, rendering errors, server errors, and crawl errors.
- To Improve SEO Score
- To Improve search ranking
- 40+ SEO tools that unleash the secrets of your competitors
- 10 Free SEO checker tools to analyze your site
A website SEO audit report helps webmasters to know the following things:-
- Website Technical Issues: – Indexing Issues, Page Loading Speed, Server Issues, Robot.txt file, Security, Server response time, Software used on a server (Like WordPress, PHP, Yoast SEO, Google Adsense ).
- Content- Related Issues: – Keyword consistency, page length, Heading H1 Tag, Subheading H2 Tag, Number of inbound & outbound links, Content relevancy, the length of the post title, Image alt attributes, Meta description, Mobile-friendliness, W3C Compliant.
- Off-Site SEO factors: – Number of backlinks, Social Engagement, User Interface, Domain Authority, Page Authority, Social bookmarking.
- Duplicate Content Issue.
- Analysis of Google Search Console data
- Crawl Issues.
- Mobile accessibility
You can check duplicate content WITH the help of the Copyscape – Plagiarism Checker tool.
And for checking your page loading speed you can use GTmetrix | Website Speed and Performance Optimization web tool.
Some SEO services guaranteed page ranking #1 on Google. But you need to invest a considerable amount of money. It may vary from 500$ per month to thousands of dollars per month.
People are spending thousands of dollars to run their businesses with proper SEO.
There are also some free versions of SEO audit tools that you can use to retrieve some critical information.
See my site audit info which I have extracted from Semrush.
If you are running an online business, then it is essential to keep your website healthy.
And for that, you need a process to collect all the issues that are responsible for making your website weak so that you can take corrective actions to make your site perfect for both the search engines and the users as well.
Attention: Mobile SEO techniques
For newbies, an SEO audit is not that essential unless you have done the following things.
- Creating a Sitemap: – there are many Sitemap generator tools that you can use to create your Sitemap. If you are on WordPress and using SEO by Yoast tool, then you can directly generate Sitemap.
- Submit your Sitemap to Google Webmaster tool, Bing webmaster tool & Yandex webmaster tool.
- Add your website to Google, Bing, & Yandex.
- Submit your website to some high domain authority Web directories to generate authority backlinks.
- Write some great articles so that search engines can index those articles in their web directories.
- Create your Facebook page, Twitter account, LinkedIn account, account.
- Create a robot.txt file.
In this short guide, I have told you what SEO audit is and what steps you need to follow after launching your website. Aside from that, I’ve also told you why a website SEO audit is essential for webmasters.
There are some key mistakes that you always ignore while writing your article
- Keyword consistency
- Meta description (Write compelling meta description to increase the CTR of your web page)
- Post title
- H1, H2 & H3 Tags
- Image alt attributes
- Inbound & Outbound Links
- Content Relevancy
- Proper use of images & videos
If you like, please do share on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.