Every beginner wants to become a successful Blogger. But it is not as much easier as it sounds because there are millions of people in the blogosphere who are using their Compelling SEO Strategies to Increase the CTR of their web Pages. So it becomes very hard to compete With them. But don’t worry I will tell you that how can you use the Compelling SEO Meta Description to increase the Click Through Rate or CTR.
- What is Meta Description?.
- Does the Meta Description affect the google ranking?.
- Some Examples of Meta Description
- How you can create right Meta Description?.
1.What is Meta Description?
Meta Description is a Short Introduction of your web page. Which tells about the intent of a page. It Contents 150 to 160 characters. It appears just below the meta title of your blog post title. Let me show you the preview.
How Does Meta Description affect your CTR of your Web Page?
- If you Do not Use the proper SEO description, then you will find a very large difference between your google Search Impressions and Clicks. Means even if your keyword has ranked in google top 10, there is no guarantee that people will Click on your web page. So always try to write a cool, effective & compelling description.
2.Does the SEO Meta Description affect the Google Ranking?
- No, meta description does not play any role in google ranking but it really helps to Increase the CTR of a web page. So make sure do not Ignore it. Google has ignored it because most of the webmasters started Keyword Stuffing so Google does not consider it as a ranking parameter.
Some Examples of Meta Description
For the beginners, let me give you some examples of the compelling meta description.
In the example given below, you see that the description of the title tag does not match exactly with the meta description but It Contains compelling & some cool offers.These offers attract the visitors which result in Increase In CTR.
In Example 2 you can see that both the Title Tag and meta Description are exactly Same. It also has a very compelling description.
This is also an another example which indicates that Meta must contain focusing Keyword. Here you can see “Content Strategy “Is a focusing keyword which is reflecting in both the Title Tag and meta description.
Now on the behalf of these examples, I want to write some Strategies which can help you to increase your CTR of your web Page.
How Can I Increase CTR by Using Compelling SEO Meta Description
- Put at least 130 to 155 characters.
- Always try to include a very relative question which directly influences the visitor to click. for example, Are you Doing Content Strategy in the right way?.
- Insert focusing keyword.
- Do not Include unnecessary words. Like Hii, hello friends.
- If your blog post is about offers then try to add these offers inside the meta description.
- Use Influencing Words like Make, Learn, Improve etc.
- Include a very Compelling reason for that reader should read your blog post.
- Do Not try to Put the misleading description.
- Do not put more than 155 characters otherwise, a visitor would not be able to read a full sentence. It creates misunderstanding in the visitor’s mind.
- Your meta description should be unique.
How Can you create right Meta Description?
Writing a cool meta description also requires some SEO techniques. However, Bloggers Who are blogging Since a very Long time do not face any problem to write it but newbie bloggers face it very much. Let me take some examples to explain you.
Suppose you are writing a blog post about SEO techniques. Then, first of all, you need to create your title tag your title tag that should be attractive like “10 SEO techniques that you must Use” or you can also write “Improve your blog traffic by applying SEO techniques”. Here my focusing keyword is “SEO techniques”.
So you need to Include focusing keyword in the title as well as in the meta description of your blog post. Before generating description you need a very clear picture of your title. I mean you need to learn about this topic very hard. Once you have learned everything about your title you are ready to write the meta description.
So meta description is “Would you like to increase your search visibility on google?.Then Applying these Amazing SEO Techniques to almost double or triple your search results.
Or You can Also Write Something like that “Are you getting Very less amount of traffic. Learn How to Increase your google search ranking by using these SEO Techniques “
In the second example suppose you are writing a post about Make Money Online then you can choose a title tag like 10 Awesome ways to Make Money Online or also write another one like How do I make money online. After deciding title of your post, you need to set focusing keyword. for here I take Make Money Online as a focus keyword. Now go ahead and prepare your Topic. Now, it’s time to write a cool SEO Meta description.
Do you want to earn Some Money as a Student then don’t worry here are the Top 10 Scam Free Ways to Make money online.
Or You can also write “Learn How to Make money Online & Set Up your own professional business investing almost zero dollars”.
SEO Meta Description Generator
If you want to Generate Meta description manually then there are some tools that can help you to Create a Html Code of your meta description.You only need to Copy that Code and Paste it in your Html Document File.
SEOBOOK is a great tool to create an HTML meta tag for your specific blog post. Just put your Post title, description and focus keyword and click on create meta tags.You will see meta tag. You have to simply copy this Html code and put it into Html document.
This tool also helps you to create SEO meta tag and Description. Here you can also generator meta Tag & description and do the same as I have explained earlier.
This is basically used to Check the meta description of your existing posts. You can check the SEO description Up to 100 URLs by simply putting them in the search box one by one. It generates excel & HTML file to download.
At the end of this post, I want to say that everything should be reflected in your post. I mean if you write meta description then it should be compelling & original otherwise, a visitor will not visit your blog post again.
If you like this article then Please do share on facebook, twitter, LinkedIn etc.
8 thoughts on “How Can I Increase CTR by Using Compelling SEO Meta Description”
Thanks for sharing, such amazing article.
Nice article on increasing the ctr, I was looking for some serious help literally and while I was reading through the blog, I understood a lot about meta description. i’ll have to optimize them.
Thanks a lot for your appreciation.
everyone must love reading this
Don’t you mean “characters” instead of “Words” when you say 130 -155… sentence will be cut off, or whatever. Google will never display 130 words in the search results.
yes, you are right. I have written wrong. Thank you for your attention. I appreciate.
Hi, Nice information share after read this post i get more knowledge thank you for sharing.
Your welcome… Keep on learning