Do you want to supplement your ad revenue, view time & traffic? Using the AdSense matched content ad feature could be an option to start.
In this post, I will be teaching you the advanced feature of Google AdSense to help you supplement your income and traffic.
Every blogger knows that Adsense is the primary source of income, but have you ever thought that you could supplement Ad revenue, view time, and traffic on-site by using Adsense matched content feature?
So, let’s get started…
- Do you need Page-level ads to increase AdSense earnings [case study]
- How To Increase The Cost Per Click of Google Adsense
What is the ‘Matched content feature’ of Adsense
Google introduced this feature in 2015. It makes the content recommendation to your visitors, and it is a way through which Google Adsense promotes your content to visitors.
When you enable this feature, AdSense will check your content. Content relevancy makes the content recommendation to your visitor, which directly increases user engagement, CTR, and ad revenue.
Because when a visitor sees these recommended ad units mixed with your blog content, they may like to read them. During this process, they spend more time on your page than usual. And that’s the beauty of this feature.
These ads are not standard, but you can use these ads separately.
You can understand from the picture below that they look very similar to suggested or related posts, increasing CTR and view time on site.
Check your site eligibility for this feature
This feature is not available for all publishers because it requires a minimum traffic limit that all publishers must meet. So make sure don’t bother about the ‘matched content feature.‘ It will automatically add to your AdSense account when you get essential traffic.
How do you check whether your site is eligible?
Let’s have a check
First of all, go to your AdSense account >Setting> my sites
Now click on the ‘Matched content’ option. (if you find it). If you don’t see this option, that means your site is not eligible.
There is also another way to check it.
Go to setting > Account > Site management ( if you find it). If you don’t see ‘the site management option, that means your site is not eligible.
If you have more than one site and any one of them is eligible, then you will find the ‘create matched content option‘ underneath ‘my ads‘.
How to create matched content ad unit
You need to go through the following steps
- Switch to your AdSense account.
- Click on ‘my ads’
- Go ahead and click on ‘New ad unit’.
- Select ‘matched content ads’.
- Use the drop-down in the upper corner of the preview area to check which website is eligible.
- Give any name to the ad unit.
- Style your ad that matches your content.
- Customize ad size accordingly.
- After customizing ads, click on the ‘save and get code‘ button.
- Copy & paste ad code into HTML source.
Best Recommendations or practices for this ad unit
- Use responsive layout
- Always use a unique featured image in your content.
- For custom horizontal size take 2:1 (width: height) ratio. Similarly for verticle ad size take a 1:2 (width: height) ratio.
- Place the ad unit just below the article or in the sidebar.
- It works better with very long and in-depth content. So, Using these ad units at the end of an article helps you increase user engagement, traffic, and ad revenue.
- Your average ad performance increases if you use them with ‘matched content ads.’
- Wait at least 15 minutes before installing the ad code on your website.
- Use meta tag protocol like the open graph on your page.
Do you believe that ‘matched content type of ad’ can increase your Adsense earnings, traffic, and time on site?
Yes, it’s right. You can optimize site statistics ( page view, revenue, user engagement & traffic ) with the help of this tool.
However, CPC is very low, but your earnings increase by 10%.
The salient point that you need to remember
- These ads are not eligible for an experiment.
- If your site does not have an image, the matched content unit will show you a link instead of an image. (so it’s a good habit to use a suitable image).
- AdSense terms and policies are similar to standard ads.
- It takes the content from your website to promote. So make your post informative.
Bonus- Do you use AdSense or other Display advertising networks to monetize your blog? if so, I recommend you use advanced Ads to optimize your ads and boost your ad income.
I Have been using Advanced Ads for 30 months now and all I can say is that it’s incredible. Go check it out!
Benefits of using this Matched content ad unit
- It helps to increase user engagement.
- Increase your earnings & traffic from 10 to 15%.
- Helpful for the sites which are receiving high traffic.
- It generates additional revenues.
- An increase in CTR. (According to Digital Marketing pro there is a 15% increment in click-through rate )
- According to Digital Marketing pro, it affects the site loading.
Finally, I want to say that you need to increase your traffic to get approval for this ad feature of AdSense. Once your site can gain traffic, you will receive an invitation from the AdSense team. After that, you need to follow the steps described earlier.
To take advantage of this, please work hard on writing content. Use the best affordable SEO practices to increase your overall score.
I refer you to some best practices that can help you increase traffic. (Don’t use any paid traffic for that purpose)
- 15 Excellent Ways to Generate High-quality Backlinks For Free [To generate referral traffic]
- What are Backlinks and How They Can Affect Your Google Ranking [Case Study]
- Most affordable search engine optimization techniques
There is also another AdSense ad alternative that you can use other than the matched content ad.
If you like this article, please share it on Facebook, Twitter& LinkedIn. Read this article carefully and let me know if you have any problems.