Are you a student and want to earn money online to add some extra cash to your wallet? Then you’re in the right place. In this guide, you’re going to know how to make money online without investment.
But before moving on, I convince you that these are not the ‘get quick rich schemes where you start today, and money will start flowing to your pocket from the next day.
You need to keep patience and work with honesty then only you can get rewards.
This guide is dedicated to students, and all methods listed below are suitable for students. I mean you’re eligible to earn money from these methods.
The only thing you need to do is invest time every day to make it possible.
Ok without further due, let’s get started…
14 ways to earn money online without investment for students
- Facebook page (selling and promoting products)
- Create a YouTube channel and start educating others
- Sell your photos
- Earn money online by playing android games
- Freelance writing
- Join Survey
- Start a blog
- Write an e-book and sell
- Create themes and sell on theme marketplace
- Domain buy and sell
- Create Android apps
- Video Transcription
- Use your Photoshop skills to create logos
- Affiliate Marketing
1. Earn from Facebook pages
I’m sure you use Facebook every day to share your pictures and memories. But there is another side of Facebook, where you can earn money as a student.
All you have to do is spend 1-2 hours daily. If you’re ok with this and commit yourself to give some time, then I’m sure you will earn money.
Now let’s take a look at what you have to do actually…
A few steps to take to earn money from Facebook
- Create a Facebook page. (I hope you probably know how to create an Fb page)
- Before you create a page, make sure you look at which topic you want to choose for creating a Fan page
- You can select any celebrity, YouTuber or it could be related to news and media info. You need to select trendy topics for quick results.
- Once you’ve got the idea, go ahead and create your page
- Next, invite your friends and relatives to engage
- It could take weeks or even a month to achieve a 10,000 milestone
- But don’t worry you don’t have to gain 10,000 followers. If you get 1000 followers to your page, you are ready to sell your page.
- All you have to do is join Facebook groups that deal with selling and buying FB pages.
- After joining, share your page link and ask group members to buy your page.
- You can sell your active page for $10 having 1000 followers or more than that depending on your page reach and activity.
- But if you don’t want to sell it, you can start promoting some affiliate products through Clickbank and earn some referral commission. I think it is the best way to make money online without investment. You can further expand your page to gain more followers to boost page engagements and reach which could increase your earnings ultimately.
- If you don’t want to sell your page, then you can use it for your own benefits like promoting affiliate products and sell your stuff.
2. Create a YouTube channel and start educating others
As a student, you don’t have much time to do other tasks. Most of the time you pick the wrong things that always distract you from academics.
And it could be the reason that discourages you from doing anything other than your school/college homework.
But I know you don’t spend all your time studying instead you waste a lot of time. So why don’t you spend some time creating YouTube videos to learn and educate others?
You need to go ahead and choose your subject, create your channel, and start working diligently.
This online money-making option is excellent because you are adding value to your academics.
Moreover, you don’t need to pay for anything. You can shoot your video on mobile. And once your channel started growing, you can put some money to buy a mic and camera.
It takes time, but believe me once you achieve a high level of traction on your videos, it could become a better carrier option for you.
Why is it best?
- Because you’re not wasting your time instead you’re adding value to your academics
- You don’t need to invest money initially
- If things don’t go well, you can leave at any time because you lose nothing.
3. Sell your photos online
It could be a great way to earn money online without investment for students. Especially for those students who own a DSLR camera and love photography.
If you’re confident enough and can capture the best moments, then it’s time to turn your passion into passive income.
I am not talking about $1 or $5; it’s about $100 or more. Yes, I’m not kidding, it is real. There are a few online photo stock sites that offer you $100 per photo.
But for that, your photo must match the standard criteria of submission.
The following are the best marketplace to sell your photos online
– Continue Reading After This-
Make Extra $100 – $200/MO For Free
TimeBucks Reward Site (US, CA, UK, AU) – Time-Bucks is a reward site that pays you to Watch Videos, View Funny Slideshows, Do Surveys, Install Apps, Follow people on Instagram, and more! (Get $1 Signup Bonus)
Survey Voices (US) – Take surveys and get paid at Survey Voices! You can make $800/week completing surveys! All you need to do is instantly qualify, then view exclusive offers in exchange for your opinions and get access to paid surveys, clinical trial opportunities, and part-time work offers! (Sign up Now!)
Real Surveys That Pay (US) – Earn cash-taking surveys! Sign up with Real Surveys That Pay to get access to surveys, trial offers, and questionnaires that pay out cash for completion. Get paid how you want – gift cards, PayPal, or a check straight to your door. (Get a $5 Sign up bonus!)
Hintsters (Spain) – Express your opinion and you will be rewarded in the process! Join Hinsters take surveys and write reviews about products and services you use. You will get paid for each review or survey you complete. (Sign up now!)
Nielsen Broadband Panel (AU) – If you come from Australia, you can make your Internet usage count! By using the internet as you do every day, you can make a difference and earn redeemable rewards points! (Sign up now!)
4. Earn money online by playing android games
If you have a smartphone and like to play games, then it’s an excellent opportunity for you to make money out of the fun.
However, these earning apps earn you decidedly less which can only recharge your mobile. You don’t expect much but as it is good to have something other than nothing.
Here is a list of apps that pay you real cash
- Big time
- Bulb Smash
- Lucky day
If you want to learn more, then check out this link: 8 Real Money Earning Games For Android To Full Your Pocket
5. Freelance writing
If you could write English professionally, then you must take a chance to make money by doing freelance writing online.
You can take it as a part-time job.
As a student, you may prefer to be an online tutor because you are comfortable teaching one of your subjects.
You can either go for Freelance editor because it is less time-consuming and students more likely to get this level.
In the end, I must say, if you are confident and knowledgeable in any field then you can join that level of freelancing and can make extra income without investment.
A few most popular freelance platforms for students
6. Join survey sites
There are a couple of legitimate places that paid you for completing the survey. All you have to do is join survey sites and start working on a daily basis.
The earning depends on how big the survey you get. Each survey can give up to $10.
A few popular survey sites to join
Now the question comes how to earn from survey sites without wasting much time
People are complaining that survey sites don’t pay much money, but this isn’t the reality. I have seen that people are making more than $10 daily.
So, what is the trick?
Here it is –
- First off, join any of these survey sites
- Setup your account
- Next, check your dashboard and take pending surveys and complete them
- Most of these sites offer referral rewards. It means if someone joins the survey via your recommendation then, you will get extra rewards.
- The more referrals you have, the more money you will make.
- For example, suppose you have 100 referrals, and each of your referral earns1$ daily then you may get the 10% cut, means 0.1$. So you could earn 100*0.1 = 10$. Now if you have 1000 referrals then you can make $100 daily.
- It is based on my prediction and mathematics. You may earn more than that.
- To get instant referrals, you can create your Facebook, WhatsApp groups, and share your invitation links.
7. Start a free blog
It’s a long-run process and requires a lot of work and patience. Yes, I’m talking about blogging.
Blogging is one of the best ways to earn money online without paying much. The best thing is that you can start your blog for free.
Almost every webmaster suggests you start a blog for online money, but they don’t tell you that it is a prolonged process and you need to spend the time to make a profitable blog.
Instead of starting a blog, I suggest you start an event blog because event blogging can give you the results within 3 to 4 months.
Before you start event blogging, I want to tell you what event blogging is?
Event blogging: A blog that is created to target a specific event like New Year, Christmas or Diwali, etc.
All you have to do is gather some information about an event in which you want to make your blog.
Check other event blogs in your niche and follow their content strategy.
Now choose Blogger.com to start because it is free.
Once you’ve set up your blog, you need to create some articles or event greetings that people like to share. And then create a Facebook page and share your blog link and stay active for at least 2-3 months to receive some traffic.
After that, you need to apply for AdSense. And once you get approval, you are ready to put ads on your blog.
As the event comes, your traffic will start growing because more people start searching for that event.
And once you get massive traffic, you can earn passive income.
8. Write an e-book and sell
It’s easier to write an e-book instead of writing a book. If you like to write and want to test the value of your writing, then I recommend you start writing an e-book and sell it on Kindle.
Before you start writing, figure out what you like to write. You can write a story based on the imagination of your mind.
Kindle doesn’t charge anything they only take a fraction of your profit. For example, if you’re selling your book for $1, and there is a 30% revenue share which means you get $0.70 and the rest $0.30 keeps amazon.
Before bidding on your book, you need to test it on social media. For that, share your book for free with some of your friends and relatives to get some reviews.
If you get a positive review, you can bid your e-book from $1 to $10.
You can set your pricing based on your audience reviews, downloads, and the number of the page.
Now you CAN think about how much money you can make from selling an e-book…
It depends on how compelling your story is. If you are getting a good response, then you can make good money. Otherwise, you can try again.
9. Create WordPress themes and sell on the theme’s marketplace
Similar to a freelance job, you can also earn money online by creating themes and landing pages.
As a college student, you have no time to do a part-time job, so I believe, it’s a better choice to start earning instead of wasting your time in the office.
You need to improve your skills. For that, open YouTube and search ‘how to make WordPress premium themes.’
The moment you start doing it, you’ll start learning how to be a professional WordPress theme developer.
Every time you get a sale, you could make up to $100 (depends on the price. It may be less or more). The more sales you get, the more money you would make.
So, don’t sit like an asshole, go and work then only you can earn. Otherwise, there is no such place where you get money without doing anything.
10. Buy and sell the domain
Most of you have heard of domain buy and trade which is a lucrative way to earn money online without investment for students.
Why is it suitable for students?
- You don’t have to spend much time; you need only 4 -5 hours per week.
- Easy to execute
- You don’t need to have any knowledge
Now what you need to do to buy a domain at a cheaper rate and sell it at higher prices
- Keep an eye on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, and also on YouTube to track down which profile is growing fast.
- Once you find some growing profiles, make a list of all profile’s usernames.
- Now, head to Godaddy and search for the profile username and see whether or not the domain is available.
- As you get an exact match username domain, it’s time to buy it.
- It may cost you $10 or maybe less per domain
- Now go and sell them on Godaddy auction where you can bid each domain for more than $1000 (*Depends on you how much you offer. You can either bid more or less)
- Lastly, you need to wait until someone requests you to buy. As you get the deal, you’ll earn thousands of dollars for just investing $10, $20 dollars.
I think it is a neat idea, but you need to work hard to find such valuable username profiles that will be on-demand in the future.
Nonetheless, it is one of the best ways to earn online money for students. You can make easy money effortlessly.
11. Create Android apps
Students who know Android app development and love to develop their own Android app can earn a decent amount of money.
I have found that people are making tons of money every month. The idea is valid for those who already know how to create an android app or willing to learn to do it.
Now what you need to do to make it possible
- First off, go and learn. You can either join any coaching to learn android app development or buy online courses from Udemy
- It takes up to 2 months to learn the basics
- Once you know the basics, you’re ready to do some small projects
- While running your projects, you will learn new things and get to know how things work
- Now you’ve reached the next level where you can try some big projects and create your app
- After app development, launch it on the Google play store and make some promotion
- Wait for a few days to respond. If your app concept is unique, then people will install it
- Now it’s time to monetize your app through ADMOB
- That’s it
You’re all set. If your app is performing great, then I’m sure you will earn a decent amount of money.
All you require is work and consistency. It could take some initial time to grow, but you will become eligible to earn money in the long run.
12. Video Transcription
When you open YouTube and check videos related to business, then you can find many of them use transcript captions to let the user read the text while they are watching.
Businesses have no time to write the transcription, so they hire others to transcript videos and pay them accordingly.
But you don’t have to reach out to businesses to find transcription jobs, because there are a couple of platforms that offer transcription for you.
But for that, you must be eligible to understand and write at least one language. And you also need to pass the test conducted by service providers.
Once you get approval, you are eligible to transcribe and get paid up to 0.1$ per min. And if you work 40 hours each month, then you can earn up to $240 or maybe more than that.
Best video transcription jobs provider
- Transcribe Me – $20 per hour
- Go to Freelancer.com and find transcribers jobs
13. Use your Photoshop skills to create logos
Photoshop is a leading software that is used to create professional logos, templates, and icons.
If you are in college, you might be using it for editing photos and images, but you can improve your skills to earn some real money.
If you know how to use Photoshop and create logos and icons, then you are good to go.
To sell Photoshop services, go to Up-Work or Fiverr, and create your gig. Once you’ve done, go and promote your gig to get some clients. That’s it.
14. Affiliate Marketing
If you want to earn money online then you can’t ignore Affiliate marketing.
It’s one of the most lucrative ways to earn online without investment.
I hope you already know what affiliate marketing is. If you don’t then no worries here it is…
“If you sell someone’s product using a special link to get paid a little commission then it’s called affiliate commission and the entire process known as affiliate marketing. It’s an agreement between a web publisher (like me) and an online retailer (any online company like Amazon or Flipkart).”
The affiliate commission varies from sale to sale. I mean if you sell a $100 product, your commission could be somewhere around $5 to $20.
And if you sell a $1000 product then it could be may vary from $50 to $200 or even more.
In a nutshell, you’re a virtual seller who markets a company’s products through digital marketing.
Now how do you become an affiliate marketer?
it’s too easy…
You don’t need any blog or youtube channel. All you need is an engaging Facebook page or a group.
If you don’t have a Facebook page then go and create one. (However, it’s not mandatory having a Facebook page, you can even use Instagram, Twitter, or any other social media platform to promote an affiliate product.)
Once you have this, it’s time to join an affiliate program.
You can try the Amazon affiliate program if you’re are a digital geek and like to engage with like-minded people. (*Make sure you join based on country).
After joining, you need to wait for approval. Once you get approved, you are ready to choose any product you want to promote.
Amazon affiliate will create your tracking link to track how much sales you make.
If you have a blog then, you can join one of these affiliate marketing platforms to make money online without investment.
So, if you want to earn money online without investment then give that much value to your work so that you make money.
It’s tough to make a living out of it, but if you work continuously, you can even do that.
And to make it even easier, I’ve listed the 14 possible ideas that you could do in your college time to earn some extra income.
If you want extended benefits, then you can go with blogging, Photoshop, YouTube, and Android app development.
I highly recommend you to start blogging right away because ultimately it will open more opportunities where you can earn money and live a dot-com life.
I hope you appreciate my work if you do then share it on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. And share it with your friends.
Which one do you like to choose? Do let me know in the comment section…