Credit card debt is a struggle for many people. In fact, the average American credit card holder owes $5589 in credit card debt. (According to Experian.com). With interest rates at an all-time high, it can be difficult to pay it off in a timely manner. That’s why having a side hustle is a great idea. It allows you to make the extra money needed to escape your debt and gives you additional financial freedom.
A side hustle can be anything from selling items online, teaching English lessons over the phone or the web, freelance writing, becoming an Uber driver, or even starting your own business. This article will cover some of the best side hustles that are proven to help people get out of credit card debt more quickly.
But before that, I want to discuss some of the best practices for paying off debt. You see, there are a lot of ways to tackle this problem. Some people try to cut back on spending. Others take out more loans. Still, others use debt consolidation to combine all of their high-interest rate accounts into one low-interest account. But whatever method you choose, it’s important to remember that the fastest way to pay off debt is by making consistent payments each month.
If you can do that, then you’ll be able to avoid late fees and penalties, which will help you save money. Plus, you’ll have more cash left over to spend on other things.
Here are the best practices for paying Off credit card debt
1. Make sure you know how much you owe: The first step towards getting rid of debt is knowing what exactly you owe. This means having access to your monthly statements so you can track your progress. It also means being honest with yourself about where you stand financially. Are you really able to make the minimum payment? Or could you afford to make an extra payment?
2. Start a side hustle: One of the best ways to pay off credit card debt quickly is to start a side hustle. This could be anything from freelance writing or web design to selling products online or driving for a rideshare company. The key is to find something that you’re passionate about and can make money from.
3. Debt avalanche method: The debt avalanche method is a great way to pay off your credit card debt quickly. This method involves paying off the debt with the highest interest rate first while making minimum payments on all other debts. Once you’ve paid off the highest interest rate debt, move on to the next one, and so on.
4. Debt snowball method: The debt snowball method is one of the most popular and effective ways to pay off credit card debt quickly. This method involves paying off your smallest debts first while making minimum payments on all other debts. Once you’ve paid off the smallest debt, you move on to the next smallest debt and so on until all of your credit card debts are paid in full. This method works because it gives you quick wins and helps to motivate you to keep going.
5. Make Sure Your Payments Are On Time: It’s easy to miss a payment here and there. But missing even just one payment could lead to additional fees and interest charges. So make sure you always pay your bills on time.
6. Don’t Use Cash Advances To Pay Off Debt: While it may seem like an easy solution, using a cash advance to pay down your debt isn’t a good idea. Why? Because these types of loans typically charge higher interest rates than regular credit cards. And they also come with additional fees and potentially lower limits on purchases.
7. Consolidate All Of Your Debts Into One Account: Another option for getting rid of credit card debt quickly is to consolidate all of your high-interest rate accounts onto one credit card. By doing so, you’ll end up saving money on interest costs. Plus, you won’t have to worry about having multiple balances to manage.
8. Consider Using A Debt Management Plan: If you’ve tried consolidating your debt but still haven’t been able to pay off your credit card debt as quickly as you’d hoped, then you should consider signing up for a debt management plan (DMP). These plans allow you to pay off your debts at a rate you can afford. You can set up automatic monthly payments that cover all of your outstanding balances. They also give you access to budgeting tools and financial education resources.
9. Avoid unnecessary purchases: When you’re trying to pay off debt, you don’t need to buy anything unless you absolutely need it. That includes eating out, buying new clothes, and shopping online. Instead, focus on saving money by cutting down on these expenses.
10. Keep Track Of Your Spending: The last step in paying off your debt is to keep track of your expenses. That means keeping careful tabs on what you’re spending each month. Then, once you know where your money goes, you can adjust your spending habits accordingly.
No matter which strategy you choose, it’s important to stay focused and motivated. Paying off debt can be a long process, but with the right plan and dedication, you can get out of debt and start building a brighter financial future.
In case, you are in credit card debt, I recommend you check CuraDebt.com. They help you with Debts like —
- Credit Cards debts
- Personal Loans And Lines Of Credit
- Medical Bills
- Collections And Repossessions
- Business Debts
- Certain Secured Debts*
- Certain Private Student Loans
- IRS Debt And Back Taxes
Now let’s learn how do you know how much debt you’re in?
The best way to find out how much you owe is to get a copy of your monthly statement from your creditor(s) and add them up. You can either call or go to their website to request this information. Once you have it, take the total amount owed and divide it by 12 to determine how long it would take to pay off your entire balance if you paid $1,000 or less every month.
There are several tools and services available that provide you with your total debt load. You can get copies of your report directly from annualcreditreport.com.
Another easy way to determine your debt level is to use a debt consolidation calculator. This tool allows you to enter your debts and their corresponding interest rates. It will then calculate the total amount of debt you owe.
NOTE: Keep in mind that debt consolidation isn’t for everyone. Only make use of debt consolidation if you can qualify for a better interest rate than what is currently being paid.
You can even check your debt level by tracking your monthly expenses. You can do this by creating a budget or simply writing down every single expense you incur. Once you have a clear picture of your finances, you’ll be able to see which areas need improvement.
Once you have a better understanding of your current situation, you can take steps to improve your financial health. For example, if you find yourself constantly overspending on groceries, you might want to cut back on your grocery bill. Or maybe you spend too much on entertainment. In either case, you’ll want to look into ways to save more money.
Once you’ve identified the problem areas, you can work towards fixing them. For example, if your budget shows that you spend $3000 a year on groceries alone, you can start looking into ways to reduce that amount. Maybe you can switch from buying expensive brands to cheaper options. Or maybe you can learn how to cook healthier meals at home. Whatever you decide to do, remember that you shouldn’t feel bad about making changes. After all, it’s not your fault that you’re struggling financially.
So far, you have learned how to know how much debt you owe and some of the best practices/strategies you can follow to pay off your debt.
A side hustle is also one of the best practices to get rid of credit card debt. And in this post, I going to share some of the best high-paying side hustles that you can start with little to no investment and make enough money to pay off debt.
So let’s begin…
1. Get Paid To Answer Questions Online
This is by far the best side hustles you can start from home and earn up to $2000 or even more every month answering questions in the field of your expertise.
One of the most popular sites for this type of side hustle is JustAnswer.com. On this site, you can answer questions from people all over the world in your field of expertise and get paid for it.
However, to become an expert on JustAnswer, you need skills in one of these areas…
- Appliances & Home Improvements
- Consumer electronics
If you have skills or expertise in any of these areas (listed above), you can sign up to become an expert on JustAnswer and start earning money by answering questions.
- Here is a complete registration process to sign up with JustAnswer
- 9 Legit Sites To Get Paid To Answer Questions
2. Pet Sitting and Baby Sitting
Pet sitting and babysitting are great side hustles that can help you pay off your credit card debt. You can make up to $15 an hour for pet sitting, and up to $17 an hour for babysitting.
Pet sitting or babysitting is a great way to make extra money while having fun. You just need to be patient and responsible to start with this.
You can charge an hourly rate for your services and earn up to $15 – $17 per hour depending on the area you live in and the level of care and expertise you have. This is a great way to make some extra money and pay off your debt quickly.
3. Use Your Car To Pay Off Your Debt
If you own a car, you can easily make $1000 – $1500 every single month to escape debt. There are so many side hustle ideas you can start with Car.
These services allow you to rent out your car for a daily, weekly, or monthly rate and earn extra money. The rates vary depending on the type of car you have and the area you live in.
These services allow you to make money by delivering food and groceries to people in your area. You can make up to $20 an hour with these services.
Helpful Resource: Ways to earn up to $19,000/yr with your car
4. Teach Online
If you have a degree or expertise in any subject, you can make money by teaching online. You can teach English, Maths, Science, and other subjects to students from all over the world.
You can make up to $14 – $18 an hour teaching online. This is a great way to make extra money and pay off your debt quickly.
To get started, you just need to create an account on these sites and apply for teaching jobs.
Once you submit your application, they will check your qualifications and experience to make sure you are qualified to teach.
Helpful Resource: 50+ Brilliant Ways to Make Money Online
5. Use Fiverr to Pay Off Your Debt
Fiverr is one of the most popular freelancing platforms you can use to make money by offering freelance services.
There are countless side hustles and ways you can start with Fiverr. The one way you can use Fiverr to make money to pay off your debt is by offering digital services.
You can offer services like web design, logo design, copywriting, SEO, and more. You can set your own rates and earn up to $1000+ or more each and every month depending on the type of service you offer.
The most popular and in-demand services you can offer on Fiverr are web design, social media marketing, graphic designing, copywriting, and SEO.
In case, you don’t have any expertise, you can simply join the Fiverr affiliate program and recommend Fiverr services to someone who actually needs them. By doing so you can earn up to $15 – $100 for each successful gig you sell.
With a little bit of effort and dedication, you can easily make extra money and pay off your debt quickly.
6. Rent Your Property
If you have no skills at all but still want to pay off debt, renting your property is a great option. You can rent out your house, apartment, or room to make extra money.
The rates vary depending on the type of property you have and the area you live in. You can easily make up to $900 per month quite passively. No skill is required.
7. Join Online Focus Groups
If you love to share an opinion about a product or service, You can join online focus groups and get paid for participating in surveys, interviews, and other research activities.
You can find online focus groups on sites like Respondent.io. Unlike survey sites, Focus groups pay more money for your time and effort.
Depending on the type of focus group you join, you can make $5 – $100 participating in just one research.
However, there is no guarantee on how many times you are eligible to participate in research, but it is definitely worth a try.
8. Become a Virtual Assistant
Virtual assistants are becoming increasingly popular as more businesses move online. A virtual assistant is someone who provides administrative, creative, or technical services to clients remotely.
Virtual assistants can help with a variety of tasks such as scheduling appointments, managing social media accounts, creating content for websites and blogs, and providing customer service.
If you have experience in any of these areas, you can make money by becoming a virtual assistant.
You can find virtual assistant jobs on sites like Flexjobs to offer services like data entry, customer service, social media management, email management, and more.
You just need to create a profile on these sites and apply for jobs that match your skills and experience. Once you get hired, you can start working from home and start making around $10 – $20 per hour, depending on the type of services you offer.
Helpful Resource: Here is a detailed guide to learning how to become a Virtual Assistant
9. Become a mystery shopper
Mystery shopping involves visiting stores or restaurants and evaluating the customer service experience.
As a mystery shopper, you will be asked to provide feedback on your experience in exchange for cash or gift cards.
You can find mystery shopping jobs on sites like Market Force, BestMark, and IntelliShop. You just need to create an account and start applying for jobs that match your skills and experience.
Once you get hired, you can start making money by visiting stores and restaurants and evaluating the customer service experience.
10. Get help from Curadebt
Curadebt is a debt relief company that specializes in helping people pay off their credit card debt. They offer a variety of services, including debt consolidation, debt settlement, budgeting advice, and credit counseling.
The first step to using Curadebt is to fill out an online form with your financial information. This includes your current income, expenses, and debts. Once you submit the form, Curadebt will analyze your financial situation and create a personalized debt relief plan for you.
It also offers credit counseling services to help you understand how to manage your finances better and avoid getting into debt again in the future.
Overall, Curadebt is a great option for those looking to pay off their credit card debt quickly and efficiently. With their personalized debt relief plans and credit counseling services, you can get out of debt faster and start rebuilding your financial future.
Credit card debt can be a difficult burden to bear, but with the right side hustles, you can pay it off quickly and get back on track. From answering questions online to pet sitting and babysitting, there are plenty of ways to make extra money and pay off your debt.
You can also join online focus groups or get help from Curadebt.com. With the right plan in place, you can pay off your credit card debt and get back on track.
If you have found this post helpful, please share it on social media platforms to help more people get rid of debt.