In this post, I’m presenting you with 10 scam-free transcription jobs from home that pay you up to $1000 monthly.
Nowadays, there are countless online money-making opportunities to take benefit from.
And here you would be looking for part-time jobs that require a little effort to earn good money in return.
I think anyone who wants transcription jobs must check out this guide. (Transcription means Converting audio/video files to text.)
Let’s get started…
HOW THE TRANSCRIPTION JOB GOES
Transcription simply means converting audio or video files to text format.
The company you joined, sends you audio or video files online and you need to listen to them carefully and convert them to text format.
They use software to make sure that transcriptionists can’t use any third-party plugin to transcribe the file.
Once you’re done, the file is sent to the client.
They review your work to measure the accuracy and pay you accordingly.
The payout depends on your work accuracy. If it is 90%, you will get paid $10 – $15.
And if it is not good, It will be rejected.
That’s why all popular Transcription Companies run you into an initial training period, where you learn how to work professionally.
Transcription Companies recruit you based on your expertise. They have several categories like legal, general, medical, and insurance to work with. You can choose any category you fit in.
If you want to learn everything about transcription and want to turn your skills into a business that can make you $20K – $50K per year, then you can take the ‘General Transcription: Theory & Practice’ course by Janet Shaughnessy Or enroll in a free mini-course.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN ANY TRANSCRIPTION JOB FROM HOME
- You must be 18+
- Good English comprehension. (Reading, Speaking, and Writing)
- You’re required to have a valid work permit for the country you live in.
- Availability to work from the corresponding country.
- You should eligible to speak and understand corresponding languages.
- Typing speed: 60+ words per minute
- You should be proactive
- You must have previous transcription experience. (it’s impressive )
- University degree or must have an academic background.
- Well-experienced in MS Office and Windows.
- A laptop and secured High-speed internet connection.
- The basic knowledge to deal with any technical issues including software troubleshooting.
- Choose transcription projects based on geolocations.
- You should have enough knowledge to proofread the content accurately.
The Benefits that you get:
- You can work independently
- You are able to work from home. (Make sure you live in the country your job belongs to)
10 Legal Transcription Jobs From Home
1. APPEN, Established in 1996
APPEN is a global leader in creating high-quality data sets for Machine learning and Artificial intelligence.
It works with top companies in the world and optimizes its products/services for users worldwide including social media platforms, web content, and e-commerce sites.
You can too become part of Transcribing projects and earn good money from them.
APPEN offers serval transcribing jobs depending on geolocations, country, and work flexibility.
Let me list out transcription jobs from home offered by APPEN: –
*Choose the country you live in.
- Good payouts
- Time flexibility
- Work from home job
- Boss free
- Payments on time
- You can also join other projects
- 20-35 MAX weekly hours only
- You need to follow proper guidelines to complete the task
- Pay monthly basis (They don’t pay hourly).
OVERALL RATING: – 3.5 out of 5
TransPerfect is another reliable company that offers transcription jobs from home. And also help other companies excel in their market globally.
It helps top companies to achieve multicultural marketing including AI data solutions and translations.
For translations, they need transcribers to make this task simple for them. And you could become part of it.
- Good work culture
- Excellent training curve
- Work remotely
- Full-time job
- Too much workload
- Team management is not good
OVERALL RATINGS: – 2.8 out of 5
3. REV – transcription
If you want to make up to $1400 monthly then REV is here for you. It’s hiring newcomers for transcribing from home.
All you need is a dependable internet connection, a computer, and strong English skills.
To start making money with it, you need to follow 3 steps: –
- First, sign up for REV
- Pass the grammar quiz and submit a transcript sample to prove your skills. It takes 2 business DAYS to let you know whether you pass or fail.
- If you’ve passed the test, you’re ready to choose one of your favorite projects and start completing a task in a given period of time.
- Next, transcribe podcasts, lectures, or interviews audio files to text.
- Once it’s completed, you’ll get payment in your PayPal wallet within a week. (They prefer to pay you on Monday.)
- Easy money
- Work from-home job
- Pay weekly
- Sometimes they pay less. (they have reduced the pay from $0.45/m to $0.30/m)
- It’s not what it shows.
- Lack of communication.
OVERALL RATINGS: 2.5 out of 5.
Go-Transcript is another transcription job from home. They pay competitive rates for their online transcribers.
Similar to REV, they conduct a test that you need to pass for participation.
Once it’s done, you can go ahead and start transcribing audio/video files to text.
- Easy to enter
- It pays $0.60 per minute. (You can earn $150 monthly)
- Work flexible hours
- You can choose the project you like.
- You can grow your skills with the regular feedback sent by the company.
- Good quality audio files
- They don’t pay you if your transcribed file has low accuracy. (Less than 65%)
- Sometimes they deliver bad-quality audio files that are hard to transcribe.
- Idle time; no task is available for days or even weeks
OVERALL RATING: – 4 out of 5.
5. NET- TRANSCRIPT
NET-transcript hires transcriptionists to transcribe files for the insurance industry.
You should have prior verbatim transcription experience and have done interview transcription already.
You can join net-transcript if you have prior transcribing experience for an: –
- Insurance company
- Law enforcement agency
- Courts or a law office
Basic requirements to join NET-transcription:
- You must be a resident of the USA
- Typing speed: 75 words/min
- Fortunate grammar skills
- 98% transcribing accuracy
- It has open access to work
- You can choose your own hours
- Fair, honest and reliable
- You get paid twice a month
- Work from-home job
- Pay is low
- Too much work
- Poor audio quality
OVERALL RATINGS: 3.5 out of 5
Transcribe-Me hires experienced transcriptionists globally and offers work from home.
They claim to pay $0.79/min which is more than any other transcription company. That is around $15 – $22 per hour.
The joining process is pretty much similar to other transcribing companies.
To become a transcriptionist at transcribe-me, you need to pass two exams. One is for qualification and the second is to show your grammar skills.
- Flexible Remote work
- work hours
- A good option for a part-time job
- Excellent executives
- Payment via PayPal
- Hourly wage is low
- Entry exam is difficult to pass
- Too much workload
- Sometimes there is no work available
OVERALL RATINGS: 4 out of 5
7. General transcription (Handmade Mohali, Panjab (India))
They offer transcription jobs from home for Indians. If you reside outside India, then choose other jobs listed here.
This company Hires 10th passed candidates and pays 10k to 12k per month.
Your task is to convert audio of the regional Indian language to English text.
For joining it, you need to have these skills: –
- 40 WPM typo speed.
- You should be able to speak, write, and understand regional languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Bengali.
- Staller’s command over English grammar.
- Part-time job
- Home-based work
- An academic-level student can earn a good chunk of money by investing his idle time.
- 1 year of work experience is required.
- The payment cycle is monthly
- Pay is low
OVERALL RATINGS: 2.5 out of 5
Along with the above jobs, 3PlayMedia is also one of the secured transcription jobs from home.
It can instantly grab your attention as the company’s culture is pretty good.
- Typing speed: 75 words/minutes
- Ability to work independently
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You can work from anywhere in the United States
- Legit work from home
- Flexible work schedule
- It helps you experience everything in the training period
- Comprehensive Training guidelines
- Pay is on time
- Sometimes there is no work for days
- Do not take it as a full-time job
- Pay is low; they claim to pay $10-30$ per hour but only pay up to $10.
- Sometimes recordings are poor.
OVERALL RATINGS: 4 out of 5.
9. e – Transcription
With over 30+ transcription services, e-Transcription has become one of the best services offering total transcription solutions.
Whether you want to get your content transcribed or work with an e-Transcription Company. You are welcome to have both opportunities.
A few skills are required to join e-Transcription: –
- Typing speed: 80 words/ minute
- You should have a high level of English skills
- Work efficiently on time
- Work remotely
- Abandon of projects
- No part-time or full-time work flexibility is offered
- Pay is low
OVERALL REVIEW: 2.5 out of 5
10. Allegis Transcription
It’s another leading transcription company offering transcription services for the insurance and legal industries.
Here you are required to transcribe recorded statements, content reports, and digital recordings for the company.
- Consistent work
- Work from home
- Flexible working hours
- Continuous workflow
- Pay weekly on time
- Low payment
- Terrible audio media. Hard to transcribe
OVERALL RATINGS: 3.8 out of 5
Over to you…
Finding an online transcription job?
I’ve listed 10 legit transcription companies that you can join today to make extra money without going out.
These are the part-time jobs that you can do your in free time.
All you need is “a fast internet connection, computer and enough knowledge of native languages including English”
Getting online transcription jobs from home doesn’t have to be hard.
If you have skills, you can make good money transcribing from home.
And if you’re looking for some work-from-home jobs, then this could be a useful guide for you.
Now it’s over to you…
Which company is going to be your next transcription choice? Let me know in the comment section.