It is entirely true that your heading is the first impression that encourages visitors to click on your result.
But have you ever thought, why don’t people go after the first paragraph of your article? Or why they leave your article without even scrolling.
In fact, according to Copyblogger.com, only 8 out of 10 read your title, and only 2 out of 10 read your copy.
There can be many reasons. This may be due to a less impressive introduction to your post or perhaps due to a weaker hook strategy, Or maybe ‘poor writing skills and style’. Whatever it is, it matters a lot.
Whether you are a professional writer or not; You always make some punctuation and grammatical errors. In this situation, you need some punctuation checker tools that can improve your writing skills.
Attention: 7 Best resources to find the blog post ideas
The standard errors that can make your content sick and lousy…
- Punctuation errors
- Sentence style
- Contractions (Squeeze the words together. For example, replace ‘I am’ with I’m)
Even if you are a professional proofreader or a native English speaker, you still make some mistakes. Manually removing all these mistakes is difficult because it takes a reasonable amount of time.
Thankfully, there are some online punctuation checker and proofreader tools available on the web that can proofread your article and save your precious time.
So go ahead and pick one that you like the most. Before coming to it, let me tell you that you should proofread your content two or three times before publishing it on the web.
- Effective proofreading can make your final content attractive to your audience.
- This increases the readability score as a result of which people are more likely to read your article well.
- Proofreading helps you to find all the common errors such as punctuation, syntax, and grammatical errors to refine your article.
- Lower the bounce rate.
- A well-organized and error-free content can force users to read your article naturally.
So, from above you can say that proofreading can take your business blog to the next level.
Okay, now let’s start …
9 Online Punctuation Checker And Grammar Checker Tools To Proofread Your Article
Grammarly is the best and my favorite punctuation and grammar checker tool. In fact, it provides over 400 error checks and suggests possible solutions.
The best thing about Grammarly’s online proofreading checker tool is that you can change your document type.
For example, if you are writing an essay, you can set your document type from here to the essay via Document Type> Academic> Essay.
Grammarly conducted a survey and found these results:
- 76% of users find this tool helpful and enjoyable.
- 99% of students have improved their writing skills and grade.
- 85% of Grammarly users are now good English writers.
The good thing is that you can use the basic features for free.
Grammarly features for free version:
- You can check for punctuation errors
- Spelling error
- Some other important grammatical errors
- Suggest some possible words to enhance your vocabulary
For example, if I use the free version of this grammar checker tool, it will only correct visible mistakes like spelling errors and critical issues but never tell you the hidden or advanced mistakes.
If you are unable to upgrade to the premium version, you cannot fix the advanced errors. I am using the premium version to fix the advanced errors. If you also want to unlock advanced errors, you will have to pay $ 29 per month.
- Check your critical grammar errors
- Contextual spelling and grammar mistakes
- Punctuation errors (Missing comma after introductory clause)
- Sentence structure
- Sentence Fragment
- Passive voice checker and also suggest the exact format of the sentence.
- Vocabulary enhancement (suggest you the preferable word)
- A plagiarism detector helps you find duplicate content by comparing its content to the 16 billion pages available on the web. It also gives you the source link from where your article has found a match.
- Suggest you the exact proposition
- Check for overused words and suggest appropriate words.
- Correct your verbs
- Remove unnecessary words.
- Capitalization errors
- Word choice
In my view, Grammarly is the best punctuation checker tool I have ever found.
Although Grammarly is unable to replace humans, it is still useful and can reduce your time and efforts.
By now you must have understood why proofreading is important and what are the characteristics of the grammar checker tool. Next, I want to discuss the pros and cons of grammar.
- It is the best online grammar checker software.
- It enhances your writing skills.
- Beneficial for non-native English speakers.
- The extension is available for all popular browsers such as Chrome, Mozilla, and Internet Explorer.
- You can proofread your article in four forms of English languages [British, US, Canadian and Australian English].
- You can upload your document directly to Grammarly.
- In addition, the add-on is available for Microsoft Word, Outlook, and many other platforms.
- You can also run your proofreading process through Grammarly.com.
- Mobile app available
- Costly; Especially for novice bloggers and writers.
- The add-on is only available for Windows and Linux.
- It can only proofread English content. What about other languages.
- It will keep you informed until you buy the premium version.
- A good internet connection is required.
- There is no text reader available.
2. White Smoke
This is another online punctuation checker tool that is cheaper than Grammarly.
Similar to Grammarly, you can use it anywhere (text-field, MS Word and Outlook). White Smoke also provides you with an appropriate explanation just below the error.
It can translate your content into 50+ languages.
Features of White-Smoke:
- Grammar checker
- Spell checker
- Style checker
- Punctuation Checker
By using this tool, you not only improve your writing skills but can also translate your copy into any language available with this tool.
As I said, a weak quality post can encourage users to leave your article. Therefore, make sure that you do not leave any grammatical errors.
The grammar checker is an integral feature of white smoke software that can provide you with hundreds of grammar errors that you cannot even imagine. So, if you want to write more confidently, I suggest you use this tool.
Features of white smoke’s Grammar checker tool
- It suggests the right word in place of a misused word
- It checks for missing words
- Incomplete sentence
- Capitalization errors
- Wrong tense
- Sentence Fragments
Another sub-feature of this tool is the ‘spell checker’. Whenever you write in MS Word or notepad you are always prone to make silly mistakes that you can’t track while writing the paragraphs. So you can use it to speed up your writing.
Features of white smoke’s Spellchecker
- Before shooting an email to your client, you can make a quick spell check to modify your mail copy further. This simple step can prevent embarrassing typos and misspellings from your mail.
- It helps you find the words that are in the wrong place and suggest better options.
White smoke’s Style checker tool
You need to use appropriate punctuation to enhance your writing style. Incorrect punctuation can change the meaning of a sentence that may cost you later.
So make sure that you construct your sentences smartly.
Styling errors are like a ‘silent killer’ that can make your article unprofessional even if your grammar is correct. I suggest that you read your article aloud and try to find spoiler sentences. However, it is a very good practice to improve your style but it can take a lot of time. This is why White Smoke has introduced a separate style checker tool that can save you time.
White smoke’s punctuation checker tool
Punctuations are the additional auxiliaries that can enhance the readability of your article.
You often forget to put a dash, semicolons, or quotation marks which can confuse your readers. But don’t worry, you can use the punctuation tool of white smoke.
This tool checks your text copy and makes the following modifications: –
- Unnecessary commas or misuse of a comma
- Excessive use of exclamation signs
- Misuse of its and it’s
- Takes care of Hyphens and dash
- Tell you the exact position where to use the semicolon or colon.
- Quotation errors
Translator tool of WS (white smoke)
WS uses the SMT (statistical machine translation) technology to collect the already translated words and phrases to compare your copy with these millions of translated results. From here WS finds the possible meaning of your document. You can convert your blog post into more than 50 languages.
Pros of White-smoke: –
- Cheaper than Grammarly
- Beneficial for students academically
- Best for multilingual content proofreading
- The mobile application is available for both IOS and Android.
- Suitable for all devices.
- Rate your copywriting accordingly so that you can measure your performance.
Cons of WS:-
- Require a suitable internet connection
- The browser extension is not available
- White smoke has a lack of sentence re-phrasing
- No text reader
3. Ginger Software
When it comes to rephrasing your sentence and make it free from any unnecessary words.
I’ll say that this online tool is great for you.
Similar to White-smoke, it is also equipped with a grammar checker tool that helps you find tons of grammar errors. Moreover, it enables you to translate your article into over 60+ languages
Besides, Ginger also comes with a directory that contains a lot of words and phrases to suggest the appropriate words in the right places.
Features of Ginger software:
- Grammar checker – correct the vast range of errors including punctuation, spelling, structure, and style.
- Misused word errors
- Word prediction
- Sentence rephrase
- Text reader
- Personal trainer
- Translator – translate your text into 60 languages.
- Separate synonym finder
Pros of Ginger software:
- It is a great spell checker
- Good for newbie bloggers and writers
- It has a ‘personal directory’ to store words and phrases that you have learned.
- Use its app to interact with your friends faster than usual.
- The free version also provides you with a lot of features
- Available for Windows, Android, and iOS
- A text reader is available.
Cons of Ginger:
- Costly; 29$/month [excepting offers]
- The translation is not good. In fact, Google translator is way more intelligent than Ginger translator.
- It checks your word file line by line and stops whenever find any error. That means it doesn’t go further until you correct these errors.
- Support is not GREAT.
- Sometimes it gives the wrong suggestions which may irritate users.
My Thoughts about Ginger software
I’ve told you that currently, I’m using Grammarly. But three months ago I was using the ginger proofread checker tool. And to be honest, I didn’t like Ginger that much. It is because when I installed Grammarly, I was still getting some grammar and punctuation errors in my blog post copy which I’ve already proofread with Ginger.
I’m not saying Ginger is not good, but if I compare it with Grammarly, then Ginger is a bit slower than Grammarly and has less user-friendliness.
SECRET WEAPON FOR WRITERS AND CONTENT CREATORS
Frase is one of the best AI writing tools to my knowledge. With this, you can research, write and optimize your content for SEO. It’s an all-in-one content writing solution for bloggers, content creators, and marketers to produce high-quality content in less time.
If you want to spark your blog post, then I strongly recommend you to use the ProWritingAid tool. When I first tried this online proofreading tool, then I feel like it is perfect for me.
All you need to do is put your text in the ProWritingAid editing area, and this tool generates a comprehensive report of your copy. The report contains every intercity of your text copy.
This online punctuation checker tool is best for those who want to improve their writing skills. Because it analyses your copy profoundly and suggests everything that you need to do with your text.
As you put your text in it, you need to click on ‘summary’ to see the overall score of your copy.
The summary section shows you the overall score of your copy. Below is the data that ProWritingAid analyses for your text.
- Document score
- Document statistics
- Vocabulary analysis report
- Readability score
- Overused words
- Sentence length
- Writing styles
- It measures the term ‘glue index’ which tells how sticky your content is.
- Repeated phrases
- Cliches and redundancies
- Check for consistency to lets you know all about hyphens and capitalization.
This report helps you understand your article better. Now let’s come to the second feature ‘Style’ of this grammar checker tool. Here, it suggests the best practices to enhance the readability of your text copy. It functions pretty much similar to Grammarly.
The next option is Grammar where you can correct your spelling.
The third one is ‘Overused words’. It identifies the frequency of words.
Another feature is ‘Readability’. Here it shows you the readability score of your post.
Further, it checks for Cliches and redundancies that are not good for your text so better you avoid them.
The sixth one is ‘Sticky’. It tells you the sticky sentences that you should not use.
One more option is ‘Diction’. Here this tool checks for diction, vague and abstract words then suggest the possible refine steps
The last option is ‘treasures’. Here it shows you the possible replacements for your text’s verbs, nouns, adjectives, and adverbs.
It is not the end there are some more features like sentences, All repeats, Echoes, acronyms, dialogue, pacing, plagiarism, Alliteration, Homonym, transition, pronoun, house, combo, and consistency. But here it doesn’t suggest any corrective solutions instead gives you where you’ve used them.
Pros of ProWritingAid:
- Cheap; $50 per year.
- It is one of the most popular online punctuation checker tools especially for English learners because it gives you a full report that shows how great your content and what mistakes you have made and how you can improve your post.
- The free version is also pretty helpful.
- Better than a language tool.
- The Premium version of this tool comes with tons of grammar check-ups and helps to sign your article.
- ‘Treasures’ is the best option that would help you increase grammar and vocabulary.
- Available for all devices
Cons of ProWritingAid:
- The worst thing about this proofreader tool is that it skips some of the sentence errors.
- With the free version, you can’t analyze text copy that contains over 500 words at a time.
- No extension is available with the free version.
5. Language Tool
It is an excellent online punctuation checker tool that has very similar functionality to Grammarly. However, it is not powerful as any of the devices listed above, but it still holds a good position in my online proofreader tool list.
The great thing about this tool is that you can use this tool without signing up. Moreover, its user experience is excellent. You can quickly start using it by getting into https://www.languagetool.org.
Features of Language Tool
- Multilingual proofreading is available
- Personal directory
- It checks for punctuation errors
- Fix all types of grammar errors including spelling, sentence structure, redundant words, and phrases.
- Wrong verbs
- The free version doesn’t allow you to scan a copy of 20,000 words.
- Error detection is available in more than 20+ languages.
- Available for Windows, Android, and iOS
- The worst thing about this punctuation checker tool is that it doesn’t fix the capitalization
- The free version has insufficient You can’t even use the add-on for MS word editor.
- It charges you extra when you wish to remove the additional grammar errors.
- Less intelligent than Grammarly and WhiteSmoke.
6. Paper Rater – Free Online Grammar Checker Tool
It is a 100% free tool. However, it’s free, but it is still good because it has all the necessary features that a Grammar checker tool should have.
You only need to copy and paste the text. And after a few seconds, it generates a report that will help you correct your grammatical errors.
Features of the PaperRater tool
- Grammatical errors
- Word errors
- Check for plagiarism
- Vocabulary words
- A little bit slower than other tools that are listed above.
- No text reader
- This tool has no option for punctuation.
Whether you’re interested in using SCRIBENS for your blog post or essay writing, you’ve won the jackpot. Because it is free and also helps you proofread your article.
What I like about SCRIBENS is the simplicity and features that appear in both the sidebar. The right sidebar gives you added features where you can get the full score of your article.
Other essential features like checking redundancies, rephrasing, and subjectivity are cool.
The downside is the lack of advanced features. As it is a free punctuation checker tool, so you can’t expect more.
In its true sense, it can’t deliver your final results, because of less functionality. For that, you need something advanced.
But you can use it as an intermediate proofreader.
If you’ve understood the power of proofreading, including how a grammar checker tool can help you grow your writing style, a Virtual writing tutor is one for you.
Through the addition of an attractive and simple user interface, you can make it easy for users to understand your article better. Even if you are using Grammarly or other paid tools, this can help you a lot.
Virtual writing tutor comes with 7 common features given below…
- Check grammar
- Essay Outliner
- Hypertext Narrative
But I like the way how it suggests the possible solutions while you check grammar with this free tool.
Whenever you add text and hit the ‘check grammar’ button, it will start showing you errors just below the text area.
It captures all mistakes and calculates the error density, spelling, grammar, and vocabulary to proofread your article.
9. Writer’s Free Punctuation Checker tool
The WRITER is another best punctuation checker tool that can proofread your content before getting published. You can even use its Chrome extension to edit your document on the go.
It comes with all features including punctuation, grammar, spelling, word choice, and a lot more options similar to Grammarly. And that’s why they say that WRITER can be a great alternative to Grammarly.
It works everywhere you write. Either it’s google chrome, Google docs, or Microsoft word.
On top of all, similar to other popular tools, it’s also powered by AI that catches nuanced errors and improves the vocabulary and style of your writing. (Try Writer.com)
Being a blogger, you always need an English proofreader tool that not only helps you increase your writing skills but also saves your time and effort.
Back in the days, when I used to proofread my post without any punctuation checker tool, it took me hours to collect all the Grammar and punctuation errors. As a result, waste of time.
But as I started using these tools, I found a significant amount of improvement in my writing style and grammar which made me more confident and save me time.
Using these tools will guarantee to improve your writing style and refine your content so that people can read your article without getting any confusion.
There are other tools that I haven’t mentioned here because they are not the best choices. So make sure you don’t waste your time and choose the tool that better fits your business blog.
For your suitability, I am going to rank them according to my experience…
- Grammarly: It’s excellent, I love this tool because it is one of the fastest online punctuation checker tools. Mostly helpful for bloggers, non-native English speakers, students, teachers, writers, and editors. Make sure if you can’t even write English then I never suggest buying this tool.
- White-Smoke: This is the second number tool that you could use for a similar
- ProWriterAid: if you are very weak then I suggest you use this Grammar checker tool because it gives you a detailed report of your copy that is enough to analyze your own performance.
- Ginger software: I’m placing it in 4th position because its user experience is not good.
- Language Tool: It is last because of less intelligence.
- Writer.com is a great alternative to Grammarly
Now, the choices are up to you. Go ahead and select a suitable Punctuation checker tool to enhance your copywriting and professionality.
Don’t forget to share this knowledge with your friends on social media sites.
If you use any other proofreading checker tool including those listed above, then put a few moments to share your thoughts in the comment section… I will appreciate your efforts.