The Internet has now become the global leader of education and business. All you need is a smartphone and a good internet connection to learn additional things. In today’s guide, I will be introducing you to 5 best education apps for students that help you learn something meaningful.
You don’t need to attend boring classes anymore. You are now a few clicks behind to join and learn the world’s best education in your dorm room.
If you are a student and want some educational apps for android to learn something better and quick, then continue reading this guide
Let’s get started…
6 Best Education apps for students
It is one of the best education apps for college students. It has partnered with top universities in the world.
Coursera has tons of online courses and degree program. It enables you to earn certifications and a college degree.
It is a real learning platform where you can find over 2000 courses from photography to advance level of science or business skills.
As it has a big database of courses, you can learn everything you must know. A few courses that you can learn from here are given below…
- Business courses: You can learn entrepreneurship, business strategies and leadership to grow your business. There are some top universities from there you can apply and complete your degree. It may cost you $22000 per annum.
- Computer science courses
- Physical science and engineering
- Language learning
- Life science
- Music and arts
- Information technology
- The user interface is great
- Easy to understand
- Upon activation, you are asked for three interest areas to select. Coursera discover the best courses that match your interest.
- The video lecture is also available
- No ads
- The app is free, but you can’t join any course for free. You have to pay for every course you subscribe to.
- Sometimes it shows login errors
- No download options for videos
- I’ve read others experience and found a negative review regarding subscription charge and refund. So make sure you never add your salary card they can exhaust all your money. If you want to purchase courses, then make payments through cards having limited money so that they can’t auto-renewal.
- 3.8 out of 5; this is because of unsatisfied customers and unreliable refund policy.
#2. Duolingo [Best education apps to learn Language]
For learning other languages, Duolingo is one of the best education apps for students.
It claims that 34 hours of Duolingo course is equivalent to one semester of university-level education.
I was surprised when I downloaded this app and used it for the first 30 minutes. I learned so much within 30 minutes. It was amazing; I love this app
- Cool user interface
- You can create your profile to track your progress
- It has over 35 languages that you can learn from this app
- Once you pick a course, it asks you how much you know already. If you know nothing then you can learn the basics, and if you know a little bit then you can try the placement test
- Duolingo offers a very creative way of learning
- There are no consequences.
- 4.5 out of 5; because of its excellent performance
Similar apps: – Bussu, Hello talk, Google translator and Memrise
#3. Khan Academy
It is free and one of my favourite education apps for students on Android that you should try.
Khan Academy has won the 2018 best social media impact award which is admirable. It is a non-profit organisation created for poor people to learn the best education for free supported by Bill Gates, Ratan Tata & Eric Schmidt
For Indians, khan academy is the best education platform to learn mathematics, science, physics, English and much more.
Apart from that, it also offers NCRT and CBSC courses for 6 to 12th standard. Over 60 million students have already signed to khan academy.
- Best choice for kids to learn the basics with fun
- Support via forum
- It provides you best material to learn NCRT and CBSC which helps you build a strong foundation for IIT, CAT and other competitive exams
- It contains over 10,000 video lectures
- You can use this app even if you’re offline
- Not good for coding and programming courses
- The app doesn’t provide features like changing the video quality
- You can access the lessons online, but you can’t download them to access offline
- Sometimes the app gets stopped
- 4.4 out of 5; because it is free
PhotoMath is a useful app for college students who want an extra guide to deal with mathematical problems.
During my school time I got stuck in math’s calculus, and that time I was not aware of this app. But I am sure if you’re using this app then you’re going to love this app.
I recommend you to use PhotoMath because it helps you overcome mathematical problems. It would surely help you solve problems like quadratic equations, calculus, decimal numbers, roots, algebraic expressions, linear equations/inequalities, quadratic equations/inequalities, integers, fractions, simple equations/inequalities, systems of equations, logarithms, trigonometry, exponential and logarithmic functions, derivatives and integrals etc.
- No ads
- Simple user interaction
- You don’t need pen and paper for calculation
- You can’t learn other than math
- 4.7 out of 5; because of its unique concept and ease of use
#5. Lynda.com From LinkedIn
Lynda.com has now become an integral part of LinkedIn. It is also one of the useful apps for college students who want to learn Photoshop, Web development, entrepreneurship, Excel, Powerpoint, Java, mobile app development and more about online business.
If you want to become a digital marketer, then it’s a great place to start with.
- It helps you learn and earn certifications in your industry
- Lynda’s videos are just amazing. I’m impressed
- Lynda is the best source for programming and software development
- You can learn how to invite new clients to increase sales and conversions
- It has over 600 software development courses, 1200 business courses, 700 design courses and 700 photography courses
- It crashes constantly
- It shows you ‘you are offline’ even if you’re online
- The app is not compatible with all devices
- 4 out of 5; because of the versatility of lessons.
Solo- Learn is one of the best coding education apps for students. You can learn to programme to refine your computer knowledge.
It contains 10+ programming languages including c++, java and python.
It doesn’t matter how much coding you know because it offers ideas from basic to pro.
- The free version is available
- You can use it even if you’re offline [By bookmarking]
- Available for all major devices
- It has over 25M students with over 1500 lessons and 12000 quizzes
- You can learn java, c++, python, ruby, PHP, jQuery, HTML, CSS, and SQL
- Sometimes internet connection may be lost
- You can’t learn the professional coding skills
- 4.2 out of 5; because it helps you refine your basic coding skills
Above are some of my best educational apps for students to learn online. Many apps are free, but some are paid.
If you’re a college student and feels uncomfortable while taking lectures, then you can switch to any of these android apps to cover your missed lectures.
There could be some other learning apps for students that I haven’t listed here, but I’ll add more learning apps later on.
Which android app are you currently using? Please let me know in the comment section.
Love this article? then don’t forget to share on the social media platform
4 thoughts on “5 Best Educational Apps For Students To Learn From Your Smartphone”
I went through your posts and what I found in your posts was truly amazing and keeps up the good work. You share such wonderful information; it’s very helpful to us.
I think Khan Academy is one of the best educational platform in the world right now. It helps me a lot in preparing for my SAT test. By the way, Good Post Bro!
Thanks for stopping by… I appreciate you!!!