Do you love listening to music? I’m sure you do, that’s why you are here and looking for best free music player apps for your Android device.
Generally, Android comes with default music player, but it doesn’t offer advanced features like a smart playlist, ad-free experience and some more cool features that help you personalise your music library.
In this guide, I’m going to list out some of the best Android MP3 players that you must install on your smartphone.
Without any Further due, let’s get started…
Best Free Music Player apps for Android
List of music player apps: –
- Shuttle Music player
- Pulsar music player
- MusicoLet music player
- PI music player
- Black music player
- N7 player
- Double twist music player
Let’s discuss each of this one by one…
#1. Shuttle Music Player
My listing may not look like this on day one, because I keep on trying new things. And hopefully, I came across another best free music player for android.
The shuttle is an open source music player app. With over 1 Million downloads it becomes one of the most popular Android apps.
A quick overview of Shuttle Music Player: –
- Free [Pro with additional features]
- Ad-free interface
- Light in weight and very easy to use
- Powerful Bass boost
- It comes with 6-band equaliser
- You can embed lyrics
- 7 different-2 colour themes are available to give you unique touch
- sleep timer to turn off shuffling after a certain period automatically
- Automatic artwork downloading
- Sync music from your smartphone quickly
- All songs categorise in 5 sections (Genres, suggested, artists and album)
- You can set virtualisation strength
- You can sort music by song name, track, song duration or year.
As you probably know, I’ve already listed some favourite music player apps, but Foobar2000 also could be a good choice for you.
The cool thing is that it is available for both desktop and mobile.
- It supports MP3, MP4, AAC, FLAC and OPus
- Enjoy gapless playback
- Playback and scanning
- Its PC version is powerful than mobile
- Work quite fast and stable
#3. Pulsar Music Player
It is one of my favourite music player apps. The very first and cool thing about the PULSAR music app is that it is light-weight and ad-free.
As you download the pulsar app on your android, it detects all music available on your phone storage. You don’t need to sync to extract the music folders.
PULSAR app is loaded with tons of features. Some pros and features are:
- Free (Pro version 3 dollar is also available)
- Clean design and very easy to use
- Automatic Album Art Downloads
- User-friendly interface
- Clickable avatar and artwork in navigation
- Separate options to search song by albums, artists, folders and genres
- You can sort music in alphabetical order or by artists and release date
- Gapless playback music
- Supports all music file types like AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV and so on
- Meta tag editor to edit album name, artist name and year.
- You can add songs to the playlist, to queue and delete
- It supports 30+ languages. By default, it detects language from your smartphone
- You can add or remove the tab items like albums, artists and Playlist
- Sleep Timer
- It offers four themes with the free Pro version adds 16 more customizable themes
- You can rescan the library to add new music that you have downloaded recently on your smartphone
- Pro version unpacks all essential features like equaliser, themes, bass booster & reverb.
- No Equalizer with the free version
- You need to pay 3 dollars to access all features which are not a good thing
- It doesn’t support online music streaming or downloading. It means you can only play the music that you have downloaded to your phone
#4. Musicolet Music Player
Musicolet is another free music player for android. Similar to Pulsar music player, it is also easy to use and comes with all essential features like Equalizer, sleep timer and so on.
They claim that ‘happiness is their revenue’, that’s why I like this music player.
Features of Musicolet MP3 player
- It supports multiple play-queues, which is a cool feature
- Simple User interface
- Browse songs by folder and artists
- The app supports over 15 languages
- You can arrange header tabs by dragging and dropping vertically from settings
- Three kinds of themes (light, dark and black)
- You can import song lyric in ID3 tag with the .lrc file extension. [Musicolet doesn’t fetch lyrics from the internet, so you have to create a .lrc file by your own]
- Tag editor
- You can share songs with others
- Powerful bass boost
- It lets you allow sorting music by year
- It has blurred album art effect
- Sometimes, it pauses the song without any issue which may irritate you
- Oreo+ users are encountering, “stop playing if headphones, Bluetooth, are disconnected” error. This feature doesn’t work even if you disconnect the headphone; the song continue to play
- It has an option to scan the music directory automatically, and it may irritate you when you have a collection of thousand songs because it slows down the app functionality.
- Music shuts off when you play it while using Facebook, Instagram or any third app.
#5. PI Music Player
The PI music player is another best mp3 player for Android to enjoy some cool features including MP3 or ringtone cutter to cut songs to make ringtones.
It has over 10 million app downloads with 4.8-star ratings out of 5 on play store.
Features and Pros:
- Free (with pro version)
- The user interface is way more intuitive and beautiful than other music players given above
- It supports different-2 audio files like MP3, OGG, FLAC and M4A etc.
- Multi-select options to delete, share and ‘add to playlist’ songs quickly
- You can easily switch to another album type (List type and Grid type)
- Great sound effects, effective bass booster and 3D
- Sleep Timer
- A smart playlist to create your song playlist by adding favourite songs
- Four great themes to change the look and colour (Gloss, dark, light and black)
- Lock screen control to change songs without getting in
- Widget support
- Music tag editor
- The hidden folder where you can store your secret playlist folder
- 5 Band equaliser with 10 presets
- Ringtone Cutter
- Use the PI power share feature to share music with anyone anywhere in the world
- You can swipe to change the song on the play screen
- It supports audio and podcasts
- Every new update deletes all your playlists that you have created
- New updates lead to some issues which may irritate you
- Sometimes, the lock screen controller doesn’t work anymore
- No option for downloading album art, so you need to manage then manually which is very laborious
#6. BlackPlayer Music Player
Similar to the PI music app, the BlackPlayer android mp3 player is very light, beautiful and has an excellent user interface.
The cool part is you can find an exact count of all your tracks, artists and albums.
It has all the essential features with the free version. You can upgrade to the premium version to add some extra functionality.
Let me list out some features and Pros of the BlackPlayer music player app:
- Free and Pro
- Smooth functioning
- It supports audio types like WAV, OGG, MP3 and FLAC etc.
- Gapless Playback
- Tag editor
- Sleep timer to set the time duration of playback
- You can set different-2 theme colours
- Five band equaliser with 10 presets
- Bass booster
- It enables you to use an external equaliser
- It manages album arts automatically and also let you allow to upload illustrations manually
- Honor View 10 (Oreo/EMUI 8) doesn’t support the bass (It may work if developers have fixed the issue)
- Sometimes it stops functioning for no reason which may irritate you
- It may give you “failed to update” error while changing meta tags
- Sometimes playlist is gone that you create for listing out some of your favourite songs
- It contains Ads
- Less intuitive navigation
- Some album arts are not associated with the track
#7. N7 player
Another popular Android Mp3 player app with some cool features. It supports over 15 languages.
Let’s talk a bit about its features and pros:
- Free (paid version is also available)
- You can set playback notification colour theme
- Compatible with all music file types like mp3, m4a, 3gp, mp4, mid, Xmf, Ogg, MKV, FLAC and ACC
- Resume playback after the call
- Sleep Timer
- Gapless playback
- Automatic album arts acquisition. You can get missing album arts automatically
- High-quality album arts
- Manual music scanner
- Enable directory filter to show music from selected directories
- You can start the scanner each time the application starts
- Resume playback after headphone insertion
- It has a custom media button function
- Equalizer, folder browser, tag editor and colour themes are not available with the free version
- It takes time to scan your music directory
- The less intuitive user interface
- Sometimes app gets freeze and crash
- It adds irrelevant album arts which may confuse you
- They charge you more even if you’ve already purchased pro version
- Pro version has less control over Equalizer
- Auto resume playback feature doesn’t work correctly
- Every new update come with new issues
- Even If you’re using pro version but after the latest update, the app is no longer able to recognise your old license
#8. Double Twist Music Player
Double twist android music player is a multipurpose music player where you can not only enjoy listening to music but also sync music with a laptop, listen to podcast and radio.
It offers some additional features like Airsync and podcasts which makes it unique from others.
Features & Pros: –
- Free (Pro version with some cool features)
- Cool user interface
- You can customise the theme colours. (light, dark, black, red and blue)
- Play on whenever headset inserted
- Sleep Timer
- You can set any song as a ringtone
- You can edit metadata and album arts quickly
- You can sort songs by artist name
- It has a magic radio feature which includes local radio, music, talk and sports
- You can listen to the podcasts of business, arts, comedy, education, games hobbies and health etc. It downloads podcasts automatically from the internet using your cellular data
- It supports video also.
- You can add extra features like AirSync to enjoy syncing music and double pro to unlock ten band equaliser, gapless playback and more
- You can allow or disallow cellular data
- Both equaliser and gapless playback is unavailable with the free version
- Sometimes AirSync feature may irritate you
- Shuffle function is a bit annoying as it shuffles only a few songs not the whole directory
After trying some of the top listed android mp3 player apps on play store, I’ve compiled six best free music player that you must install to enjoy listening to music.
Each of the listed apps has its pros and cons. So better you read the guide carefully before download any music player.
There could be some other paid apps, but you can use to take full benefits.
If you like this guide, make sure you share it with your friends on social media sites.
Which one do you like the most? Leave a comment below
A few popular articles you might want to check out…