In this post, you’ll find the best online proofreading jobs that can pay you up to $60,000 per year working remotely.
Actually, “Proofreading is a process of making a document error-free”. It is one of the easiest jobs you can do without initial investment.
Before you apply for any of these proofreading jobs, you need to become an online proofreader.
And for this, you need to develop proofreading, editing, and writing skills.
A few skills that you need to develop to become an online proofreader
- Make a habit of reading: More you read, the more experienced proofreader you’ll become.
- Write more: Writing is also good practice to learn different grammar styles.
- Develop stellar grammar skills in the target language
- Improve vocabulary
- Develop the ability to check for relevant Contextual spelling, Grammar, punctuation, and style errors
- Develop an ability to check for any grammatical errors.
Once you develop these skills, you are ready to apply to any of the jobs listed below.
But if you want to start your online proofreading business from home and make $ 50,000 or more per year, then you should take this course by Caitlin Pyle.
If don’t, then continue reading this post to find a suitable proofreading job.
Now let’s get started…
11 Best Online Proofreading Companies That Hiring Beginners
- Transparent language
- Bethany Christian Services
- Thompson Habib Denison
- Williams Lea
- RR Donnelley
- Net Transcripts
- The Integer Group
- Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Inner Working
Now let’s dive in…
1. TRANSPARENT LANGUAGE
Since 1991, the company has been helping consumers, businesses, and the government with the best language-learning software to overcome language problems.
Transparent Language has helped millions of corporations and individuals so far.
They employ professional content creators to create content and proofread it based on guidelines.
To become a proofreader in transparent language, you need these requirements.
- Target language speakers
- Extraordinary knowledge of the grammar of the target language
- You should be able to work remotely
- Basic knowledge of PC and good experience using MS word
- 1-2 years experience in editing and proofreading language
Transparent language pays $40,000 per year to its employees.
TRUST SCORE: 3.5 OUT OF 5
2. BETHANY CHRISTIAN SERVICES
“Bethany Christian Services” hires proofreaders in the marketing department to review content for spelling, punctuation, word choice, syntax errors, and grammar errors.
Aside from this, you are also required to take corrective actions, edits, and suggestions for improvements.
- Proofread print communications such as marketing materials, donor acquisition, and appeals.
- Proofread digital communications such as website text and email.
- Update and refresh existing content
- Review the content for all errors such as spelling, word choice, style, punctuation, and other grammar errors.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communication, or a related field.
- You must have at least 3 years of experience in proofreading.
- Great writing and oral communication skills.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee discount
- 401K plan
- Dental Insurance
“Bethany Christian services” employees can earn up to $10 – $12 per hour.
TRUST SCORE: 3.6 out of 5
3. THOMPSON HABIB DENISON
THD is actively seeking a proofreader/copy editor for various copy-focused customers.
As a proofreader, your job is to check the author’s draft to be free of any grammar, punctuation, style, or spelling errors.
In addition, you need a wide, flexible, time-driven, and self-starter capability to handle any situation about projects.
- You need to work closely with the authors to help improve readability, conciseness, and compliance with client guidelines.
- Review the copy of the end customer to ensure smooth and stylistic compliance.
- You need to be able to work with the account management team to learn how to document according to the customer’s style.
- Bachelor’s degree in English and communication
- 1-3 years of experience in proofreading
- Good control over MS office suite
- Well-experienced in marketing, fundraising
- Medical and dental benefits
- Life insurance
- 401K plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Outdoor work options are also available
- Coffee, snacks, and drinks provided all day during the office work
TRUST SCORE: 3.7 out of 5
The salary is not disclosed exactly.
4. WILLIAMS LEA
Williams Lee provides supply chain services in the marketing and communications sectors.
Its marketing supply chain service helps businesses and brands in order, sourcing, and asset management.
And also help customers connect more efficiently with their customers.
- Identify structure and formatting errors in documents.
- Work with the document service team to document production according to client requirements.
- Project deadline negotiation with management and customers.
- Williams Lee Tag and Client Site Compliance Policy
- HS (High School) Diploma: North American Academic School Qualification Certificate
- You must be willing to work flexibly, including night shifts and sometimes weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in English Communication / Journalism.
- Good English communication skills are required.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic pc / computer skills are required
TRUST SCORE: 3 out of 5
The company pays $50,000 per year to its employees.
5. RR DONNELLEY
RRD connects brands to customers for marketing. They are actively hiring Legal proofreaders.
- You should be able to free complex legal documents from spelling, syntax, punctuation, style, and format errors.
- Keep the document true against the original document.
- Check handwritten amendments against the draft work to make all corrections correctly.
- Bachelor’s degree in English communication or journalism.
- Good knowledge of various style guides (The blue book style and California style manual.)
- Ability to work through complex legal documents productively to meet strict deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 401K Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
TRUST SCORE: 3.5 out of 5
The employees can earn $20 per hour and $54,000 per year as a proofreader.
6. NET TRANSCRIPTS
Net Transcription is another company that hires transcriptionists and proofreaders to enhance the quality of legal content, including insurance documentation, editing, and proofreading.
- You must certify the final insurance document.
- Prior experience in proofreading and transcription.
- You must be a resident of the USA
- No criminal background
- You must be a basic English speaker with stellar grammar skills
- Intermediate knowledge of basic computers such as using MS Office and being able to fix temporary technical issues.
- Flexible hours
- Work more hours than you want
TRUST: 3.5 out of 5
Net transcripts employees earn $18 per hour as a proofreader. The company pays $38000 – $40,000 per year.
7. THE INTEGER GROUP
It is a world-leading commerce agency seeking a professional proofreader/editor with advertising agency experience to proof all documents.
You should be able to catch all errors flawlessly, including spelling, formatting, style, typos, and punctuation.
- Must be able to work on-site during business hours in a Dallas TX location.
- You should be able to proofread a variety of formats and media, including PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel, and PDF.
- Ability to certify and edit advertising, promotional, and marketing materials.
- Basic knowledge of design and typography
- You should be able to use Mac computers and online proofreading platforms.
TRUST: 3.4 out of 5
“The Integer Group” pays $40,000 – $60,000 per year to copywriters & proofreaders.
8. OTSUKA AMERICA PHARMACEUTICAL, INC
OAP is a healthcare company that researches, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative products to meet the daily needs of the medical industry.
The company is actively appointing proofreaders/editors as the lead editors who undertake all levels of editing such as proofreading, copywriting, and verifying data facts.
- You are responsible for checking the quality of all materials for FDA to ensure the approved material is agreed upon review design.
- Comply with OAP quality, process, and policy.
- Perform all proofreading tasks like formatting consistency, grammatical errors, and spelling errors.
- You are also required to style, edit, proof, and manage promotional content
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing, or journalism.
- 1-3 years of experience in proofreading and related field.
- Proficient in English including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- You are highly required to have 1-3 years of pharmaceutical experience.
- You must be able to produce a highly engaging, clear, and concise pharmaceutical marketing copy.
TRUST: 3.5 out of 5
The company pays up to $60,000 per year to proofreaders.
It is the largest arts and crafts specialty retailer company in North America.
MICHAELS is currently seeking proofreaders to check the accuracy of the company’s content and registered trademarks for all collateral pieces.
You need to handle the multi-channel accuracy of all materials with a graphic designer, project designer, and other internal partners.
It includes proofreading stuff like copy decks, social media, magazines, direct mail other materials. Examine all documents for text format, and style, and ensure compliance with all legal requirements.
- 2 YEARS experience as proofreader, writer, and editor.
- A. degree
TRUST: 3.6 out of 5
The company pays $45000 per year to its employees.
10. Bristol-Myers Squibb
It is a global biopharmaceutical company that helps protect patients from serious diseases. Medical sources help patients fight cancer, hepatitis B, HIV / AIDS, and others.
They are actively hiring senior proofreaders to ensure that there is no error in the content.
You are required to proofread the development artwork for regulatory submission.
- 4 YEARS of experience proofreading and proofreading artwork for packaging materials for pharmaceutical products.
- Proficiency in manual proofreading.
TRUST: 4 out of 5
The company pays up to $76000 per year to its employees.
11. INNER WORKINGS
InnerWorkings is the largest provider of managed print and promotional solutions in the world.
They have an extensive and diverse network of thousands of suppliers that helps in production and sales to develop a business you never thought possible.
They are actively hiring proofreaders who are responsible for a high level of quality control in all marketing materials. And also ensure the continuity of the campaign across multiple sales channels.
You need to inspect the projects and fix grammatical, spelling, content, style errors, etc. And ensure consistent accuracy of brand content.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, or any other experience in the related field
- At least 3 years of experience in proofreading.
- Expert in English writing.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
TRUST: 3.6 out of 5
The company pays $35,000 per year to its employees.
Here are 11 high-paying online proofreading tasks you can start to create a side income. Each of these companies is hiring proofreaders for different purposes.
For example, some of them hire proofreaders for management and proof of marketing materials and some of them ask for medical proofreading.
So if you are proficient in English and have at least 1-3 years of experience in proofreading then you are ready to apply to one of these companies.
But remember, you have to have the necessary skills for the project that I mentioned above.
Now, it’s over to you…
Love this guide? Do share on social media platforms with your friends.