Homeschooling has become very popular over the last decade or two. Many parents choose to homeschool their children because it gives them more freedom and flexibility, and they also say that it helps them spend more time with their kids.
Homeschooling is a type of educational system where students attend school at home.
This means that they don’t go to regular schools but instead stay with their families. Some parents even choose to homeschool their entire family.
While Homeschooling is becoming more common, some people still question whether it’s essential. There are pros and cons to both types of schooling. If you’re considering Homeschooling, here are some things you should consider before starting.
1. You have to be willing to put in the work.
There are many benefits to Homeschooling. However, there are also challenges. One of the biggest challenges for most homeschoolers is finding enough time to do all the work, and it can take up to 20 hours a week to get everything done.
If you want your child to succeed academically, you need to make sure that you give them plenty of opportunities to learn. That way, when they start school, they will already know what they’ll be learning.
2. You need to find ways to motivate your kids
One of the best parts about Homeschooling is that you don’t have to worry about getting into trouble with teachers or other students. However, this doesn’t mean that you won’t have to deal with any problems.
You might have to think about how you’re going to get your kids to study. While they may love being around their friends, they may not enjoy learning by themselves.
You’ll also need to figure out how you’re going to keep your kids motivated throughout the day. If you don’t, they could end up losing interest in the subject matter.
3. You need to be willing to sacrifice
As a parent, you’ll likely have to put some things aside to focus more on your children. For example, you might have to cut back on hobbies or social activities so that you can spend more time with them.
It’s important to remember that Homeschooling isn’t always easy. Sometimes, you’ll feel like you’re doing too much. But if you stick with it, you’ll eventually see results.
Homeschooling requires discipline & motivation to create a better environment for educating your kids. It can be done in many ways. And motivation is one of those ways. I’ve listed 30+ Homeschool Quotes To Help Your Kids With Home Schooling & Education.
30+ Homeschool Quotes To Help Your Kids With Home Schooling & Education
Let’s get started…
1. “Education is not the filling of a bucket but the lighting of a fire.” ~ W.B. Yeats
2. “I am not a teacher but an awakener.” ~ Robert Frost
3. “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” ~ Albert Einstein
4. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” ~ Winston Churchill
5. “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” ~Zig Ziglar
6. “Don’t let schooling interfere with your education.” ~ Mark Twain
7. “Every child has a different learning style and pace. Each child is unique; not only capable of learning but also capable of succeeding.” ~ Robert John Meehan
8. “When a flower doesn’t bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower.” ~ Alexander Den Heijer
9. “There is no school equal to a decent home, and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.” ~ Gandhi
10. “The purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.” -Morton W. Jones
11. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela.
12. “I homeschool my children not to prepare them for tests but to prepare them for life.” ~ Tamara L. Chilver.
13. “I’ve never met a homeschooling mom who regretted her decision. But I’ve met plenty of school moms who have regretted sending their kids to school.” ~ Rebecca Devitt.
14. “School is the advertising agency which makes you believe that you need the society as it is.” ~ Ivan Illich
15. “I suppose it is because nearly all children go to school nowadays and have things arranged for them that they seem so forlornly unable to produce their own ideas.” ~ Agatha Christie
16. “Too often we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve.” ~ Roger Lewin
17. “Homeschooling and public schooling are as opposite as two sides of a coin. In a homeschooling environment, the teacher need not be certified, but the child MUST learn. In a public school environment, the teacher MUST be certified, but the child need NOT learn.” ~ Gene Royer
18. “Homeschooling allows you the freedom to step off the highway of learning and take a more scenic route along a dirt road.” ~ Tamara L. Chilver
19. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” ~ Jim Rohn
20. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” ~Mark Twain
21. “Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
22. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future merely by changing his attitude.” ~Oprah Winfrey
23. “Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.” ~Louis Pasteur
24. “Children will learn more from what you are than what you teach.” ~ (W.E.B. Debois)
25. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” ~Helen Keller
26. “It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.” ~ Mark Twain
27. “Homeschooled children benefit the community because they are not shaped by peers but by parents.” ~ Mary Kay Clark
28. “One of the main reasons we homeschool is to foster relationships with our children, so when we prioritize the relationship over the to-do list, we are succeeding.” ~ Ainsley Arment
29. “Education begins at home. You can’t blame the school for not putting into your child what you don’t put into him.” ~ Geoffrey Holder
30. “The gardener does not make the plant grow. The job of a gardener is to create the optimal conditions.” ~ Sir Ken Robinson
31. “You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.” ~ Clay P. Bedford
32. “Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.” ~ Pablo Picasso
33. “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.” ~ Bob Talbert
Homeschooling is a great way to educate your kids, and it gives you a lot of control over your kid’s life and helps you build strong family bonds.
I am sure there are many other benefits of Homeschooling that I didn’t mention here. But it’s more than enough to convince you to start homeschooling your kids.
And these 30+ homeschool quotes can help you, and your kids maintain discipline and create an educational environment for Homeschooling.
Please share this post on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Reddit if you’ve found this post helpful.